1. How would you answer the questions, “Who Am I?”
I am a child of God’s. I am His princess. I am one of His chosen ones.
2. Have you ever been in a situation where you felt inadequate because of your lack of a ‘tagline’?
I dont think so. I think God has only called me to do things that He knows I can handle. He after all knows what my abilities and skills are.
3. Do you have skills or position that you believe God could use mightily if only He would?
Maybe? I get along well with preschoolers. Ive always wondered about going to China and looking after orphans. If God wants me to do this one day He will make it very clear to me and open the doors. I can accept that there might be something even more wonderful He has planned for me though
4. Have you ever lost a position or station in life you believe could have ‘helped God out’ with
something He has asked you to do? If you haven’t lost out, do you perhaps feel you have to gain this in order to be useful to the Kingdom?
I have lost the right to be my daughters mother on a day to day basis. He asks us to take care of His children for Him and yet that was taken away from me. It was taken away from me by circumstances she brought about. Yet we have survived as a family. We are in fact some ways more settled with the way things are now. I believe God brings us through things to teach us things. I dont know quite what He was trying to teach me. It has brought me closer to Him. However, all I can do now is pray that He may use to me to be the best mum I can be to the boys and that He gets alongside Sarah and brings her close to Him. Whether she knows it or not she needs Him. We all do.
5. How are you with your dialogue vs. doubt conversations with God? Which does God hear most from you?
I have worked hard over the years to overcome doubts I had about my salvation. I didnt believe God could love me enough. Now I know within my heart soul and mind that He indeed does love me just as I am. I dont doubt anymore instead I am everyday thankful for what He has done for me and praise His holy name
6. Do you believe God’s Wonders become more wonderful if they originate in the ordinary? Any Scripture references come to mind?
God does use ordinary people and items to bring about extraordinary things. Id like to take a look at this slightly differently to how others have. God made everything around us. Before I was baptised (apart from once when I was girl listening to a bible in schools teacher tell us about creation) nature looked very ordinary. However, once I was baptised and accepted God into my heart I remember looking at what had been very ordinary everyday trees and plants within my poorly kept garden (I dont have much of a green thumb) and suddenly seeing how green they were. They seemed to stand out to me. They seemed to be the brightest green I had ever seen. If one looks at a sunset in the evening it too may be taken by some to be just a sunset. But to me it is one of God’s paintings in the sky. The colours the effects the beauty of it. It is indeed amazing and wonderful. I would urge you to check out this website video
click on the picture to link
- Muzz fixing the stove when the fuse blew and getting me on broadband
- My wonderful next door neighbour for helping me fix the window Billy broke
- The lovely policeman whom we took Billy to visit yesterday
- The support I am getting from Billys teacher
- God for always being there
I found this meme on Darlenes blog and as I love books I thought Id do it
The Rules Are:
Post your responses.
Tag anywhere from 1-5 friends.
Leave comments to let them know they’ve been tagged.
Come back and leave a comment when your post is up.
Next 5 books on your to-be-read shelf:
The Bridge To Holy Cross by Paullina Simons
The Summer Garden by Paullina Simons
The Red Tent by Anita Diamant
The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly
The Denniston Rose by Jenny Pattrick
Last 4 books you’ve read:
The Bronze Horseman – Paulina Simons (which Im 1/2 way through)
Kids are Worth It -Barbara Coloroso (which Im half way through)
The Lovely Bones – Alice Sebold
Saintly Sagas – Celebrating 125 years of life at All Saints Taradale
Last 3 books you’ve borrowed (library or friend)
Kids are Worth It -Barbara Coloroso (from Billys teacher)
The Lovely Bones – Alice Sebold (library)
Eye spy colours by Debbie MacKinnon (which I borrowed from the library and read at playgroup on Tuesday to the children)
Last 2 non-fiction books you’ve read:
Kids are Worth It -Barbara Coloroso
Saintly Sagas – Celebrating 125 years of life at All Saints Taradale
The 1 book you wish everyone would read:
I’m going to tag Suzanne as I know she loves books as much as me if anyone else would like to play let me know so I can read yours 🙂
645 up milk and followed by warm cuddles with mummy while watching Tv
845 taking billy to school
1st ever painting done
1145 on he way home popped into chemist to pick up pills for mummy and a friends house to pick up Billy’s bag from the sleep over in the weekend
245going to get billy
545 fell asleep for a little while after dinner then woke up and went shopping with daddy
Muzz came over tonight and hooked it up so Im officially on now. It was funny. I was checking my emails and I picked up the telephone and could hear the line for a call in or out. LOL I just did it again 🙂 This was something I wasnt able to do on dial up
Thanks Muzz luv ya hunny
And it is super-duper fast. Also faster than I can handle LOL It was amazing getting a picture for this post. I get most of my pictures from google images and normally have to wait while they appear. Tonight they were there in an instant
Here Billy is telling Muzz about his day at school. Most people including the teachers liked it. One teacher said well now your going to get into all sorts of mischeif with that haircut. I dont agree. Its just a haircut. Does having a ring through your nose make you a bad person? Does have a tattoo make you a bad person? I dont think so. I firmly believe that those are just outside decorations. I believe what makes you get into trouble is what you are like on the inskde. Your personality. Whether you have the confidence and belief in yourself to behave properly. Sure it might attract rascals to you but Billy needs to learn to be himself and say No. I think its much better that he learns this now than at a big high school where the teachers dont keep such a good eye on you. The principle even thought it was cool. Billy has wanted his hair cut like this for a long time.
If you miss me over the next few days its because my dial up has been disconnected. There may be a day or two dont know when where I may lose the ability to get on line in order for BROADBAND to connected up. All this time I have been using the so sluggish, time consuming and slow dial up. Muzz is going to get me on to BROADBAND
HELLO BROADBAND here I come 🙂
I found this meme over at Denises blog
When was the last time you said I love you?
This morning to Daniel.
I remember having a conversation with a boy I use to know. I was on my paper-run and I spoke to this boy he went to my primary school and his parents got the Star an evening paper. I asked him when the last time he had told his mum he loved her. He said he didnt he said she already knew. I told him that I thought he should say it anyway. I think that its important to actually say the words.
When was the last time you prayed?
this morning. Billy has a new haircut Im praying he doesnt get teased at school about it. He wanted it done. Ill post a photo later.
When was the last time you read the word?
this morning. Im reading through the bible in a year my passages to read today were 2 Samuel 13:1-39; John 17:1-26; Psalm 119:81-96; Proverbs 16:6-7
When was the last time you hugged someone?
this morning Daniel
When was the last time you told someone about Jesus?
😦 cant remember however I try to live my life as a testament to Him.
When was the last time you shared your burdens?
Over the weekend I complained about the landlord again. A friend asked me if hed done anything besides the porch
When was the last time you lent a helping hand?
Yesterday was my turn to take the littlies at church
When was the last time you told God thank you?
Just now. He is awesome and I find that Im always ready and able to thank Him. Sometimes all I need is to be prompted and a prayer goes up to Him straight away. Of course sometimes I dont even need to be prompted. He is truly wonderful He deserves all our praise.
When was the last time you spent time being quiet?
this morning. Sometimes this is hard with a wee active toddler
Now Ill tag anyone that would like to do this meme.
Last night Billy went to a very good friends house for a sleep over and birthday get together.
Muzz, Daniel and I decided to watch a dvd. We hadnt seen this one – I guess most of you have.
We turned out the lights and settled on the couch together with Daniel sitting between us. We pigged out on chips. Muzz and I enjoyed a wine or two. Daniel enjoyed some of the movie. He likes watching animals on the
TV screen. Muzz reckoned he was just like a regular movie goer, eating chips and watching the movie. Hes never been to the real movies – toooo expensive. After a while he nearly fell asleep on the couch. After a wee weak protests Muzz put him to bed. He instantly fell asleep. We enjoyed the rest of the movie together. A good movie 🙂
Muzz got rather excited in the final big race 🙂 He likes the races (I didnt know that) Ive never been. He said hell take me on boxing day next year.
click on the picture to link
- My friend from the church whom took Billy out for the day so Saturday. I pray that this man may be positive guiding influence upon Billy.
- All the concern and support I have been given by friends and bloggie friends about Billy and his behaviour. Thanks everyone it means a lot
- A wonderful day out with Muzz and Daniel at the fire station
- Lovely weather where it still feels most days as though we are still having summer. Also great to get the washing dried fast 🙂
- My wonderful next door neighbour whom knew about what to do when one blows a fuse in ones house
- My microwave as the oven still not working (something to do with the blown fuse yesterday). I was still able to get dinner prepared and on the top asap so we werent rushing around to get to youth band practise last night. In fact we were able to do the dishes before we went. Its lovely getting them done straight after dinner and not have dirty dishes staring at you.
- Playgroup for the fun we have there and the fact that they gave me jars of stewed apple yummmmmmmm
- Muzz for a wonderful massage that helped me get over a sore arm
- The way Billy rushed inside and tried to help me when I fell over the kitchen barrier and brused myself badly
- Being able to spend some qualioty time with a friend at church while the youth band practise was happening
- God for blessing me abundantly this week. He is the provider of all things and this week I have so much to be thankful for. Thank you Jesus